What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information about you, either directly from you or from other parties and we may generate information about you when we carry out our business. The types of personal information we collect about you may include your:
- Contact information: your name, phone number, email address, postal address and physical address
- Documents that verify your identity and other personal details: such as your passport or drivers’ licence number
- Subscriptions/preferences: when you subscribe to receive our newsletter or updates, as well as content preferences to help us identify which material you want to receive
- Billing or purchase information
- Details relating to your use of any product and/or service offered by us
- Technical information: information about the device used to access the website or other social media sites, such as IP address, browser type, time zone settings and mobile network information.
What do we do with it?
We collect and use your personal information to provide the information and services that you request from us, including but not limited to, banks and non-bank lenders, and to provide you with information about other services we consider appropriate. If you request to be referred to one of our trusted third parties for other financial advice services, we will pass your information so they can best meet your needs.
When necessary, we may use your information to:
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Defend or enforce our rights - For example, to collect money owed to us;
- Check whether you are eligible for the products or services offered by us and facilitate those products or services;
- Provide information that you request; and/or;
- Provide you with further information about our other products and services
Who do we share it with?
Besides our staff, we may share this information with third parties who enable us to provide you with our services. These include:
- Your other professional advisers (e.g., accountant, solicitor, financial advisers);
- Product providers (e.g., banks and other non-bank lenders);
- Credit reporting and debt collecting organisations;
- Our service outsource providers such as IT consultants, custodians, etc.
- At your request, trusted third parties that provide other financial advice services.
We will only share your personal information with third parties where it is necessary to help us do what we collected your information for, where it is required by law or where you give us authority to.
We require these third parties to adhere to our strict confidentiality requirements for handling personal information and we seek to ensure that they comply with the Privacy Act 2020.
Where do we store it?
We use third party cloud service providers to store and process the information we collect. We use Dropbox servers located in the United States or Australia, FileInvite servers located in Australia, Pipedrive servers located in the Untied States, MyCRM servers located in Australia and Microsoft 365 servers based in New Zealand. We ensure that our cloud-based service providers are subject to appropriate security and information handling arrangements and that the information stored or processed by them remains subject to confidentiality obligations.
What are my rights?
You do not have to provide information to us. If you choose not to provide necessary personal information when requested, we maybe be unable to provide certain information or services to you.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or you would like to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, or to have it corrected, please contact us at:
Address: Unit 13, The Royal Oak Complex, 50 Buckingham Street, Arrowtown 9302
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 03 441 2227