At Roost we recognise the importance of safeguarding your personal and financial information. As an institution offering financial services, we need to obtain personal information about you in the course of providing our products and services. Because this information is confidential and important to you, we think it’s important you know how we treat your information.
Roost assure you that:
- We understand your personal information is important and we are committed to protecting your privacy in the online environment.
- We only use your personal information to:
- Help us to provide our products and services.
- Improve our service.
- Inform you of products you have indicated an interest in.
- Inform you about additional services.
- We will not sell your information to third parties.
Please also note that while the Roost website may hyperlink to various other websites, Roost is not responsible for the privacy practice of those websites and/or the reliability of the information published on those websites.
Privacy Act 1993
Under the Privacy Act 1993 we advise that:
- The Roost Website and Roost applications (including The Right Roost application) contain features which collect personal information about you (“Information”) so that Roost can offer you its products and services, process your application, carry out credit checks, and verify your identity.
- This Information is being collected and held by
AMP Services (NZ) Limited,
Level 21, AMP Centre, 29 Customs St West, Auckland, NZ.
- The intended recipients of the Information are Roost, and its related companies, its franchisees, brokers, contractors and employees, other providers of credit, lenders, credit reference agencies engaged by Roost. Roost will always try to ensure that those companies will treat the Information with the same care as that provided by Roost and by law these companies must comply with the Privacy Act 1993.
- Failure to provide, or the supply of incorrect Information may result in your application being declined or services being withdrawn.
- You have rights of access to, and correction of, Information and you may contact us at the above address, telephone or email to seek to access or correct the Information.
- You are also entitled to “opt-out” from Roost being permitted to use the Information by notifying Roost at the above address, telephone number or email address, although this may impact Roost’s ability to offer you its products and services.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the Privacy Act and how it protects personal information.
By using the Roost website and or Roost applications (including The Right Roost application) you agree to authorise the following:
- You agree that your Information held by Roost may be used to advise you about other products and services and as such may be provided to its related companies, its franchisees, brokers, contractors and employees.
- You authorise Roost and it related companies, its franchisees, brokers, contractors and employees to obtain, use and disclose any and all your Information for the purposes set out above and you further authorise the release to Roost of any Information held by credit reference agencies and credit providers for the purposes set out above.
- You authorise Roost to disclose Information held about you to its related companies, its franchisees, brokers, contractors and employees, other credit providers, lenders, credit reference agencies and any other party that is authorised by you from time to time.
- You authorise credit reference agencies used by Roost and the lender(s) to hold your personal information on their systems and to use your personal information held on their systems to provide credit reference services. You understand that where you provide your drivers licence for identification purposes, the details of your drivers licence will be recorded and held by the credit reference agencies.